A Statement of Faith is a written declaration of the church’s position on matters that pertain to the essentials of historical Christianity. The following statements summarize what we believe at 412 Church Temecula Valley:
1. We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all things. (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Hebrews 9:14)
2. We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments (The Bible) are the Word of God, fully inspired without error in the original manuscripts, and the infallible rule of faith and practice. The Word of God is the foundation upon which this Church operates and is the basis for which this church is governed. We believe that the Word of God supersedes any earthly law that is contrary to the Holy Scriptures. (Isaiah 28:13; Nehemiah 8:8; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Peter 1:23-25; 2 Peter 1:21)
3. We believe in the person of God the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all those who come to Him through Jesus Christ. (Deuteronomy 33:27; Psalms 90:2; Psalms 102:27; John 4:24; 1 Timothy 1:17; Titus 1:3)
4. We believe in the person of Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, his substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth. (Matthew 1:18, 20; 3:17; Mark 1:11; Luke 1:31-35, 3:22; John 1:1, 3:16-18, 34-36l; Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; Matthew 1:23; Mark 16:19; Luke 1:34-35; John 1:1-2; John 8:58; John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 1:2; Revelation 1:8)
5. We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit, Who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ; (Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 3:18; John 16:8-11; Romans 15:13,16; Hebrews 9:14)
6. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide. (John 14:16-17, 16:8-11)
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of Biblical gifts of the Spirit. (1 Corinthians 14)
8. We believe that all people are sinners by nature and, therefore, are under condemnation; that God regenerates based upon faith by the Holy Spirit, those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord. (Acts 8:15-17; Titus 3:5)
9. We believe in the universal Church, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the head and all who are born again are members. (1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:15-16)
10. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the Church: (a) Water Baptism by full immersion, and (b) the Lord’s Supper. (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
11. We believe also in the laying on of hands for the baptism/empowerment of the Holy Spirit; for the ordination of pastors, for the appointment of deacons, and for the perpetuity of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 6:6, 8:17; 1 Timothy 4:14)
12. We believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ which is His personal, visible return to earth and the establishment of His millennial kingdom; in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and endless suffering of the wicked. (Matthew 16:27; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16, 20: 11-15)
13. We believe in what is termed the apostles creed as embodying the fundamental facts of the Christian faith.
14. We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell and that all those who place their faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord, while those who reject Jesus free gift of salvation will spend eternity separated from the Lord in Hell. (Matthew 5:3, 25:31-34; Hebrews 12:23; 1 Peter 1:4; Psalm 9:17; Matthew 5:22, 18:9; Luke 12:5)
15. We believe that the human race was created as genetic male (man) and genetic female (woman) by a direct act of God; that marriage has been established by God; therefore, marriage is a sacred covenantal union between one man and one woman, for life. We also believe that legitimate Biblical sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, sexual activities such as, but not limited to, adultery, fornication, incest, polygamy, homosexuality, transgender, bisexuality, cross-dressing, pedophilia and bestiality are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible and the Church. Further, lascivious behavior, the creation, viewing and/or distribution of pornography and efforts to alter ones gender are incompatible with a true Biblical witness.
16. We believe that the solemnizing of a marriage is a sacred and profound event that shall be entered into only where the proposed covenantal union is in compliance with the Word of God; we also believe that the solemnizing of a marriage between men or women of the same gender is contrary to the Word of God, and is a sin before God.
Additionally, we believe that God was the first author of marriage, and that the government should have no part in determining the doctrine of the Christian church on any issue.
In order to clearly differentiate between holy matrimony and civil marriage, our Pastors will not conduct a civil marriage ceremony, and are not authorized to sign civil marriage certificates. The Pastors in our church are only authorized to conduct and solemnize religiously-based marriage through a Ceremony of Holy Matrimony. The ceremony will clearly distinguish itself from any civil marriage ceremony by recognizing that marriage between a husband and wife consists of a covenant among themselves and with God.
The property occupied by this church will not be used for conducting a civil marriage ceremony. With regard to marriage ceremonies, the property occupied by this church will only be used for conducting and celebrating a Ceremony of Holy Matrimony.
The following scriptures provide a basis for our doctrine on marriage: Genesis 2:24, I Corinthians 5:11, 6:9, 6:18-20, 7:1-3, 7:8-9; Romans 1:18-32; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; I Timothy 1:9-11.
17. “Honor the Lord with your bodies.” (1Cor. 6:20) Some vaccines, like certain Covid-19 vaccines, have not been sufficiently tested and are known to cause harmful side effects for some. We believe that the Bible encourages Christians and Jews to abstain from contaminating one’s body with substances that may be threatening to one’s bodily health. The Old Testament discusses unclean substances. (Isaiah 64:6.) Although the New Testament reveals Christ as the one who cleanses our souls, we still have a responsibility to honor the Lord through our bodies. For example, until long-term research can prove that use of Covid-19 vaccines are safe and efficacious, we consider such vaccines unclean. Furthermore, we believe the use of any vaccination containing cell lines from an aborted fetus, is not only unclean, but is also a gross sin of rebellion against God’s providential design. We further believe that requiring vaccines before one can participate in societal activities unnecessarily divides people who are created in God’s image and hinders unity within our communities.
Click here for the religious exemption form that has been created to go along with Item 17, that can be downloaded and presented to an employer or educational institution.
18. Every Senior Pastor, Assisting Pastor, Board Member, Officer, Chaplain, Missionary, Deacon, employee, student, congregant or volunteer of 412 Church Temecula Valley, shall be in good standing and affirm his or her unequivocal agreement with this Statement of Faith, Character, Belief and Ordinances as described in this Preamble. Any Senior Pastor, Assisting Pastor, Board Member, Officer, Chaplain, Missionary, Deacon, employee, student, congregate or volunteer whose confession of faith or behavior is in conflict with this Statement of Faith, Character, Belief and Ordinances will be subject to removal and termination from his or her position in the Church.
For any questions regarding the 412 Church Temecula Valley Statement Of Faith, contact a Pastor by phone or email at (951) 444-7337 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture references are taken from the Holy Bible, using the New King James Version (NKJV)